When the warm weather sets in, there is nothing better than enjoying outdoor time with your family. This year, you’re probably looking forward to yard games, barbecues, and family parties at your home. If you’re not careful, though, that same sun that you’ve been anticipating could end up scorching your beautifully manicured lawn. Here are some tips and tricks to ensure that your yard remains a green oasis this summer.
- Fertilize accordingly. Each season, your lawn should be fertilized. However, not every fertilizer is created equal. Look for a specialized blend that will help your lawn to achieve that lush, green look that you are after. During the summer, make sure that you choose a fertilizer tailored to the type of grass that you have. This will help it to withstand the hot, dry summer and can also help with crabgrass.
- Pull those weeds. Weeds are a nuisance. Not only do they destroy the beauty of your landscaping, but they rob your plants of the water that they need in order to thrive during the hot weather. Take time each week to pull any existing weeds out of your flower beds in order to keep your plants healthy and happy throughout the summer.
- Maintain a healthy watering schedule. During the warm summer weather, it’s vital to your landscaping that your plants get the water that they need. Depending on the area that you live in, you may need to adhere to a schedule in order to preserve water. If this is the case, it’s important to water when it will benefit your plants the most. Set your irrigation and sprinkler system
to turn on either late at night or early in the morning. This prevents water from being evaporated and can help to keep your landscaping cool once the sun starts to come up.
- Keep your grass longer during the summer. While it might seem tempting to keep your lawn short in order to stretch the time between trims, keep your grass longer. This protects the soil beneath your lawn, helping to slow down the evaporation of water.
- Choose plants that will thrive in your yard. When it comes to creating your perfect yard, make sure that you find plants and trees that will do well where they are planted. Consider how wide and tall each plant will grow, as well as how much sun and shade it may need. Choosing plants that can withstand the hot, Georgia summer will keep your yard looking great no matter how high the temperature reaches.
- Hire professionals. While these tips will help your yard stay in tip-top shape this summer, consistency is key. By hiring a professional company, you ensure that the necessary work is always done, even when you’re busy. With a variety of different services, many companies allow you to tailor your lawn care plan to suit your needs and even change them throughout the season.
Don’t let the sun scorch your plants this summer. Enjoy your gatherings in your beautifully green yard. By following these simple landscape maintenance tips, your lawn and flowers will remain stunning throughout the whole season.